How to create a WhatsApp Poll?
WhatsApp does not provide any unique feature for a Poll, but we’ve made an excellent workaround to create a poll using WhatsHash. It’s not fully automatic but easiest way possible.
You can run Poll for many cases like,
– Election Poll
– Quiz Poll
– Audition Poll
– Short Survey
– and for many other real-life use cases.
How does Poll work on WhatsHash?
- Download and Login to WhatsHash desktop app.
- Click on the “Features > Poll” option in the left sidebar in “Dashboard & Settings” tab. Click on “Create Poll” on the top right corner. You can send a poll question to individual people, groups or broadcasts lists.
- The poll message will contain URLs for each answers which will redirect a user to send a message to you on WhatsApp with a predefined message which contains a unique template for identifying a poll and their vote.
- When you receive the poll vote, you have to keep that WhatsApp Number open with WhatsHash.
- WhatsHash will automatically identify the message [We called it Smart Message] and vote will be synced automatically.
- You can check poll result anytime from the dashboard. If you create a public poll, your voters also can see the result of the poll.
So let’s say for an example of the Poll for FIFA World Cup 2022, we are creating a poll like the below screenshot.
We are sending above Poll Message to all our customers/contacts, group and broadcast lists. When people will get that message, they can click on a link below any reply/option.
You will get a below alert popup when you receive a vote from any contact and it will be automatically synced. To sync all votes, you have to keep that WhatsApp Number open with WhatsHash.
Even you can check all the recent votes under Smart Message tab on the right sidebar. [Below Screenshot]
When you visit the Poll Result Page, there you can see the result and list of voters. [Below Screenshot]
And you can even check the vote of an individual
Also if the poll is public, all the voters can view the result on a result URL given at the bottom of the poll question. You can invite your friends or family members to join that poll from the result page by Share This Poll on WhatsApp button.
You can check the sample Poll Result page.
You will also have the option of making the poll “Inactive” after you think you have gathered the sufficient data.
Till now, this is the best way to handle a Poll in WhatsApp.
WhatsHash is available on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Visit Download page for downloading the desktop app of WhatsHash.